Checking fixture is mainly accessed for the certification of the final product whether it satisfied all the needs to meet the standards. It has a provision of smooth materials and therefore products will have any deformation and scratches by the fixture.
Different types of checking fixtures
1. CMM fixtures
It is composed of fixations and centring elements, which enable to spot the part in the specific space as well as to control it using the CMM machine.
It represents the environment of the assembly or part to be controlled and exact simulation of components, which surrounding the parts. This fixture type includes both fixations and centring elements. It also has controls by the measuring instruments and Go/No Go.
3. Check fixtures with digital measuring instrument controls and Go/ No Go
This type of fixture comprises of fixations and centring elements of the parts and has manual controls by measuring device or Go/ No Go to offer accurate digital value than nominal value. It includes digital probe, dial indicator, incomplete, and so on.
4. Automated checking fixtures
Like other fixture types, it also has centring elements and fixations but comes with the automated controls in order to obtain the shorter cycle time to enable and control 100 percent of the production.
Applications of checking fixtures
· Checking fixtures are specially designed for repeatability, accuracy, and reliability along with the strong focus on the operator ergonomics
· Engaging with the right manufacturer and supplier render checking fixtures and assembly for vehicle frames as well as body sub-assemblies
· This fixture is also accessible for several varieties of metal and plastic parts such as interior trim, door seals, chassis components, trim, instrument panels, etc.